Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had success letting my demasoni spit & recently I've also stripped with success! But this time I think I stripped too early! She spit & the egg sack was still very large! So I let her pick them back up & put her back! I've so far only stripped when there was no egg sack left! Would it be ok for the fry if I put them into the breeding net with their egg sacks still quite large or should I continue to let them develop further?
Thanks!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If the fry cannot move on their own then there is a good chance they will die. If you can still see the egg sac but they are swimming and moving around (not just spinning circles on their egg sac) then they should be ok.

Do you know how long it has been? Day 24 has always worked for me. I hear alot of people recommend day 21.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Day 19 usually gives me well developed dem fry. When there is very noticeable egg sack, I find adding an airstone inside the breeder box/net helps.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i strip all my females within the 2nd or 3rd day...i put all the eggs in a tumbler till they are free swimming...then release them in my tumbler tank untill the eggs sacs or completely gone....have NOT lost 1 single fertilized egg yet...or a single fry! works great...your fish can defend them selves if in a comunity tank and don't have to starve....just how i do it...all my breeders are in a community tank.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!!!
Coonie what kind of tummbler do you use & what do you mean by tummbler tank? I've thought about doing this myself but I havent gotten the equipment to do it yet! Riceburner awesome pics!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts