Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set up my 110gal 6ft tank last week in the basement. So its cool down there. Right now i have 3 200watt heaters running full blast in my tank and only get 78 max 74-76 ... are titaniun heaters that much better? They are resonably priced online ( 400w for $42.) Do i need 2 400s?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
If I were you, I'd look at these controllers. You can get them with massive heaters, even 1000 watt. I'd call them and let them know what your specifics are and they can advise you. Also, scroll down to the bottom of the page that I linked and they give a really good explanation of the problems that you may run into trying to get multiple heaters to work without using a single controller. It's very informative.

HTH

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
prov356 said:
If I were you, I'd look at these controllers. You can get them with massive heaters, even 1000 watt. I'd call them and let them know what your specifics are and they can advise you. Also, scroll down to the bottom of the page that I linked and they give a really good explanation of the problems that you may run into trying to get multiple heaters to work without using a single controller. It's very informative.
+1 on the jehmco controller. I bought one recently and have it set up on my 110 g 6 ft tank. A really well made device that does what it's supposed to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts