Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three African cichlids in my 75 gallon tank. I'm not sure what lake(s) they are from. My ammonia, ph, nitrites and nitrates are all in acceptable range per all of the research I've done. The tank is about 2 months old and everything seems to be going well except for one thing; my fish always hide when they notice someone coming near! I have rocks in the tank and each fish has found its own little spot. When I am sitting on my couch about 10 feet away they swim around in the tank and seem happy. I'm just upset because no one can go near the tank to look at the fish. I'm not really sure if this is an actual problem or if the fish are just timid. Anyone having experienced this please reply and let me know what you think and maybe what I can do about it. Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Most Africans live in large colonies in quite dense conditions.

Seems to me your stocking is incredibly low, more fish should make your current fish a lot less timid. Step one would be to know what you have. Try looking through the profiles section, if you have some idea of what you have. Otherwise, get pictures of your fishes up on the unidentified cichlids forum. After that, you can happily start considering more fishes for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip! The tank is fairly new so I didn't want to rush too many fish in there immediately. I suppose it is time to get some more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts