Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank has been maturing over the last week or so by adding Seachem Stability and testing every other day with zero readings so time to add the new tenants

10 various Malawi's at this stage I think they are Peacocks and Lab's please correct me if I am wrong until waiting for the answer from my LFS as I forgot :roll:

The Tanks Hood and other Teak areas will be covered with 3mm Black Acrylic Laser cut to size to try and modernise the cabinet .

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
What ciclidude said. Also, if your tank is cycled, you should have nitrates reading. If your cycle isn't done, prepare for big ammonia and nitrite spikes for many weeks. Have Prime handy and do lots of water changes.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I think I see red zebras but no yellow labs. I see fish with some bars, but not clear enough to tell if they are peacocks. Probably don't want red zebras with peacocks.

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Agree. And, as he has expressed an interest in live plants, I would say with those Red Zebras - maybe. The Yellow Lab is an opportunist/insectivore in a planted tank. So, typically with them there is some leaf nipping here and there, but the plant-grazing thing is not taken to extremes. And hey, if all else fails? Just do what pretty much everyone else does, and put in some (quite realistic looking) plastic plants for the tank! :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
I agree with everything noted above - cycling does not happen in a week, all the fish pictured look like mbuna (I see red zebras also, no labs). What's the length of this tank?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts