Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
very nice tank,love the natural look and that is what you have there...

have you checked mine out link above yours...

how old is the O....nice colour

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, He's about 5 years old, I would guess. I don't remember when I got him. I like the natural looking tanks the best also.

I'll comment on your tank in your thread. :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

Its possible, he's always rearranging the driftwood in the tank. Plus at one time he loved to eat convict's would chase them into tight spaces...

·
Registered
12 Posts
what size is your tiger and what size are the silver dollars you have with him?

I am currently raising some silvers to go with my albino. What kind of driftwood did you use? :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's about 12 -13 inches long. The SDs are about 3.5 inches. Im not sure what kind the big stump is but the rest of the drift wood is Mopani wood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My oscar is 8.5", what size would you suggest the silvers be before introducing them (4)?

Does your O terrorize them at all?
What signs should I look for as far as tolerance?

Thanks for the responses!!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Strohs58,
Great video I like the fishes and interior of your Oscar tank.
Just found dim lighting rest everything was excellent. I have watched other video also and felt you take great care of your Oscars.

·
Registered
877 Posts
are your floating plants real or fake? if real, what kind are they? i ask because my silver dollars like to demolish my plants and yours seem to be doing ok... if real.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate the complimentary replies... For a 8.5 inch Oscar I'd say the SDs should be about 2 inches, IMHO.

The dim lighting goes with the Black (tannic) water theme of the tank, both the O and the SDs do well in murky water, so that was the reasoning behind the decor and the lighting.

Unfortunately, the plants are fake, but they provide the cover the fish love...

Sorry for the late response... been on a small vacation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts