Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of funny actually, but my danino use to swim back and forth from one side of the tank to the other as its daily routine. Well recently its started swimming against the flow created from the water filter.

Now this has caused the Tiger Barb to generate interest in the Danino, and so this is where it gets interesting. Im fairly certain my Barb is trying to coax the Danino into mating with it. I have no idea what sex either is. The barb will rub by the danino and get near it and swim vertically. Then the Danino will burst around it and everytime the Barb will move like its laying sideways.

Can someone confirm what they are doing and what how I can expect this situation to resolve?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
They are both schooling fish, that need to be kept in groups. They are treating each other as a school, and jostling for dominance position in that school.

·
Registered
243 Posts
totally agree. My school of five giant Danios also has a siamese flying fox in it. They just accept him. If they were forming a pair then its highly unlikely that anythin will come of it.[/quote]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same thing happened with a male molly and a coldwater shubunkin, the shubunkin outgrew it's tank so I put it in the tropical..........And the molly...........He's happy lol, just doesn't seem right :fish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts