Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pics i posted before were really old so as i've joined this gr8 community here are some new pics of my jag.

Thanks

p.s. I have a question. My fish is healthy and looks good but for some reason it seems to fast for up to 5 days at a time. However when it is in the mood it will gorge itself???

Is this normal? Thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
And here's the 1st. :lol: He does need more room though.
If that's normal for him then yes, if it's out of the ordinary then it might be an issue. Since he doesn't look like he has to expend much energy swimming around at the moment he probably won't eat as much or as frequently.
Normal is a pretty subjective term. As long as he's otherwise healthy and growing, I'd say he's ok. Really nice fishBTW , just give him some more room. :thumb:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Let's keep this going... :p

IMO this fish really needs a larger tank. Jags get big. Also your problems with it eating could be linked to the smaller tank. If you want your fish to live a long, happy, and healthy life I would move it to a larger tank. Most ideal would be like 120 gallons.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
suppose I will then, bit of a shame though cos the tank fits perfect where it is.

Its always been in that tank though and its grown an inch in the last year.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Just an inch in the past year! :eek:

Before long if it isn't too late already it will become stunted which will be very unhealthy for the Jag and it will live a shorter life.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Sorry this just came into mind:

Please know that we are not trying to criticize you or anything we are just suggesting whats best for the fish and you. It's completely up to you on how you want to take care of the fish we just give advice. But just a heads up you do know how big your Jag can get right? If not they can get up to 16 + inches.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice looking Jag you got there. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts