Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed to a swap meet saturday so looking to get third species to add to my 75g
Have BC Calvus(6) and multis(5+fry if they make it seen a few)

thinking Cyprs just curious what ones you would suggest and how many i should start with
Paracyprichromis and are there any of these i should advoid?

any input would appreciate

·
Registered
180 Posts
Funny....I have the same tank....7 Comps and 6 Multies. I'm contemplating a 3rd species as well. Cyps will be an obvious suggestion (and a good one), but I'd like to see some other options as well. I'm staying tuned on this one :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Either (or both) cyps and paracyps would be great additions. With cyps, start with 10-15 and avoid the jumbo variants. Paracyps should be started with at least 6, but more is better- all the species/variants are fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Stick with smaller Cyps in a 75. I have Cyp. leptosoma Utinta in my 75. I think a lot of the others get pretty big for a 4' tank. They will stick to the open water.

Paracyprichromis are sort of in between cave-dwellers and open water swimmers.

EDIT: Triscuit, you beat me to it. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as of now i have 3/4 rock work and 1/4 shells bedish with bunch open water guess i'll see what they have could i get a combination of the two? or is that pushing it say somthing like 8 cyps and 8 paras?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
You should start with at least 10 cyps, imo. My recommendation above goes for either or both. :thumb:

As far as aquascaping goes- both cyps and paracyps need a place to sleep- so as long as some of those rocks are not claimed by the calvus, you shouldn't need to change it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really has not been much claimed why i was hoping to get them this weekend, ill just stick to one or other and get 10-12

1 - 7 of 7 Posts