Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the way the set up looks now, but with the fish getting larger I feel like I am taking away a lot of space especially since they are open water swimmers. I do have a lot of non flat rocks that I could put in. I know the set up is personal preference but what are everyones thoughts? I feel I am taking away from the size of the 180 by having the entire back of the tank filled 3/4 high with rocks. Here are some pics. There is also a video with a link in my Signature.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I agree with you %100,I would also find a new home for the front.I would think its uncomfortable in there with all the more energetic haps,peacocks and mbuna

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
newforestrob said:
I agree with you %100,I would also find a new home for the front.I would think its uncomfortable in there with all the more energetic haps,peacocks and mbuna
Yeah that's been in the works. I got him next to nothing do to his funky striping

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Looks great!
I agree, perhaps open a space in the middle and stacks the rocks on the sides. It will also give you some hieght which will add more depth.
:thumb:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I personally loved the rocks the first way but gotta do what your fish will like better i guess. i do like the new setup too. =D>

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks better for cleaning, do you have a power head in behind the rock to push the waste along to an intake? Good rockwork, I'm having problems with my rockwork. To many round ones they don't stack or stay stable and when I say round I mean like a bowling ball.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank's for the latest compliments. Cleaning is a lot easier now. And juststayinthecave no I do not have a power head set up. I am anal with my weekly cleanings and I don't really have a big problem with fish waste collecting in dead spots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts