Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to maybe add some cory cats to my tanks but don't really know if my current tank stocks would work with them or not. In my 29 I have 3 rainbow cichlids and 4 swordtails. In my 55 I have 2 cons, 1 jewel, 1 green terror, 6 tiger barbs and 2 bn plecos. And also in my 75 which contains 2 jacks, 1 jag and 2 bn plecos, I was thinking a type of synodontis or a raphael, which I used to have in there but traded for my terror. Any info would be helpful, thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi cichlidsrule16,

You can add corries to your 29g rainbow tank quite easily. Although I have corries with some larger SA & CA fish, I do not think they will work well in your other two tanks. Specifically, I would expect the cons and jewel to pick at them in the 55g and I would worry about the jag in the 75g.

As you stated you could try other larger catfish in the 55g or 75g; however, the BN plecos should do a good job cleaning up leftover food. Plus, you are already pushing the bio load on those tanks and the added waste from a catfish may make your water change schedule a bit unbearable.

I would defiantly try a group of 5 smaller growing corries in the 29g; corries are my favorite catfish and enjoy being in groups. Since the 29g has limited floor space, I would make sure there are some bushy plants (real or fake), driftwood or rock caves they can hide in.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts