Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could do with some advice please, last week my tank burst so I had to put my 2 angelfish, 6 harlequins & my young bristlenose pleco into a plastic tub for about a week with my plants & bogwood with a heater & matured filter until a couple of days ago when I got a new tank. Once the new tank was set up everything went straight back in including my mature filter alongside the new Fluval U4 filter that came with the tank. Now for some reason the water went cloudy & all of the fish were at the surface gasping for air so a 80L WC was done straight away & aeration was increased & everything seemed ok & the water was testing fine but I still did a 95L WC the following morning after checking the water spec's which were still fine. Well I noticed the angels seemed off their food which I thought was a bit strange & today they have been passing long white poo's & still won't eat & are staying near the bottom of the tank & now one of the angels looks to have a bleed in it's left eye. My bristlenose has pasted clear/white poo's with patches of colour in them so am wondering if it could be Hexamita & what would be the best treatment as from what I've read is to turn the temp up to around 95 which I'm not sure if my harlequins & BN will cope with

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry should have mentioned that my sick angel is now in a 200L tank which I think works out at around 50gal, ammonia & nitrite both read zero, nitrates are 15ppm & the ph is 6.9 & temp is sitting at 78'f filtration is via a fluval U4 filter which is still cycling & I have a fully matured Eheim pickup 2010 running in the tank. The old tank was a 24x15x12 which had the Eheim filter in & the water spec's were the same in that tank. Today both angels have no interest in food but one has started to swim around a bit more but the one with the blood shot eye hasn't changed any

1 - 2 of 2 Posts