Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20190325_215501.jpg

I have 3 little ones in my main tank that are nearly an inch already from a batch of fry I was unaware of, two of them have really distinct stripes that are very different looking and one just yesterday appears to be beginning to spot up. On her most recent batch I successfully stripped her of all (around) 20 of them in a much smaller fry tank (around 4 weeks ago) and she happily asserted cute, tiny self back into my main tank the same day. Anyone able to give me a guesstimate of what they could turn out to be? Are they likely to be the same as my Little Fish...yes that's her name :fish: :dancing:
Any advice on pairing is welcome as well :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Are the parents both OB Peacocks? They are hybrids, so fry might be unreliable and very variable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parents are the first pic I posted. A little normal looking striped gal (not sure the type) with a massive ob.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Female and juvenile peacocks have vertical bars and little color.

Males start to color up at around 3 inches.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay! Thanks a bunch!! Wasn't sure when/if they'd start getting color. Can't wait to see what these little cuties will look like! Not to mention the 20 newer juvenile in my fry tank. They're around half an inch :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts