Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was recently sick, so while I was able to feed my cichlids, I wasn't able to clean the tank and it got pretty dirty. When I first touched the water it felt like a jolt of electricity, and when I left my finger in there it felt like it was vibrating violently. When I put more than one finger in it seemed to spread the vibration and when I put my whole hand in it barely feels like anything. No visible vibrations are going on and when I put my finger with a cut in there it stung badly. The sensation lessens the deeper I put my hand and at the bottom I can't feel anything.
After a 75 % water change, the fish are acting normal and the water looks clean, the vibrating went away for a few hours after the water change, but came back soon afterwards. I haven't taken a water test yet due to the cut on my hand but I will soon and I'll be back with the results.
Does anybody know why this might be happening and/or how to stop it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh wait... never mind sorry I figured out that my heater malfunctioned and was electrocuting the water :lol: :oops:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to figure out the problem was stray voltage from a malfunctioning heater. It was my 1st though when you described what you were feeling.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top