Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the lfs today and came home with a texas/rd hybrid. The fish is beautiful. I can't get a picture right now, but you can bet I will! It mostly looks like a texas, but a bit more stretched out with red all through the fins. Has anyone had any experience with this particular cross? Just wondering what I should expect sizewise and whatnot. I'll try to get pics up tommorow.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
the fish will get around 12" for males and 10" for females, if im not mistaken this is one of the 3 different crosses for Red Texas, im pretty sure you can use either Parrot, Midas, or RD, as they all have the fading gene that causes the RT to turn red. does it have Green texas colors with red in the fins? if so it is an unfaded red texas, which means it hasnt turned red yet, and probably wont depending on his size. aggressionwise, expect the worst :lol:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
:drooling: Nice score :thumb: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps fading for you. SRT are awesome looking fish. I'm trying to talk my daughter into breeding her female Texas with my male Midas. As soon as you can get some pics I'm sure everybody here would love to see them. Good luck with your new fish......lucky dog! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.