Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my texas have some "buttons" on the buttom of the fins and gills, the best way to describe it like the acnea buttons ppl have on face (small ones) any idea what it can be and should I be worried?

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
adding an image maybe it will help you help me

I added a red circle around the spots sorry for the image quality taken with a mobile phone

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
181 Posts
A few months back one of my fish developed a white pimple on one of its gills. Not taking any chances I moved it to a hospital tank and treated it as if it were ich. I slowly added aquarium salts and raised the temp to 86F. Within 5-6 days it cleared up and I left it in there for another 10 days to make sure it was gone. She's back in the main tank and doing great.
Not sure if it was actually Ich, but I didn't want to tank any chances and figured the non-medication treatment wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for taking the time to reply, it doesn't look like ich, I've had ich a couple of times... I am watching it closely since I don't have another tank.

was it similar ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Its hard to tell from the pic but it looks like your fish has red bumps. Mine had what I can best describe as a whitehead pimple, and it was only one. It didn't seem like ich from what I have read, but I figured I would try the temp/salt treatment because it wouldn't harm the fish either way. Once in the hospital tank it also developed minor peeling of skin on its lips. Both cleared up in 5-6 days. Not sure what that was but I tend to think the temp/salt helped take care of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts