Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used ro when I had my discus set up. If you produce it yourself you end up with three times as much water to dispose of from the filtering process so bare that in mind if you are on a water meter like me. I used to buy mine from the local store I think it was about £12- 15 pound a week for between 120 and -150 litres howeve as you are not servicing the ro unit you would have no control over service intervals and the water will not always be at the same peramaters. you would also need to use a fair amount of mineral powder to bring it to the desired ph and hardness which is a n additional cost and headache. You will need to test the water and adjust accordingly so you will go through your ph, gh and kh test kits more frequently. having done this for a few years for discus fish wich would use less than half the mineral powder I would not recommend it unless its necessary. Almost forgot you will either have to keep a spare barrel of it ready or you may struggle if you need to do a water change in a hurry.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts