Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for 1 more pair of small fish for this tank.

Any recommendations?

I was thinking a pair of Cyprichromis?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the general consensus here will be that 2 species is the limit for a 20L. That said, I might find myself tempted to try adding a pair of Altos OR a trio of Caudopunks just to see how it goes but NOT without another tank to relocate fish to if it doesn't.

Tom

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My lone male caudopunk is a terror, he claims a 20" area in the tank. Not sure I would try to add another species.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the issue. 4 small fish in a 20L - not very ... aesthically pleasing.

I would add more of the same species I have, but the Juli Marleri Gombe are a mated pair (apparently).

And the Ocellatus have a higher con-specific aggression; not to mention I can't find more. :(

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Wait for juli fry. But the fish are likely to object to additional inhabitants when they mature.

I'd do a 55G if I wanted three species. Or a species tank of brichardi if I wanted a full tank.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm... I guess. Makes water changes faster... only 4 fish... can prolly get away with doing 20%/week.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glaneon said:
That's the issue. 4 small fish in a 20L - not very ... aesthically pleasing.
I don't agree with this at all. It's a different aesthetic, certainly, but I find myself preferring non-crowded tanks, where the fish have some room to swim around without bumping into other fish. Give it a while, maybe you'll find yourself coming around to that way of thinking as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts