Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for ideas for tankmates for my phenochilus. I was thinking rostratus but want to get some other opinions. I currently have 11 phenos form 2-3.5" . I plan on thinning out a few males when they become more apparent. The tank is a 5' 100 gal tank. I'm running 2 aqua clear 70's and 2 hydro5 sponges for filtration.
Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
217 Posts
Any haps or peacocks will do. Yellow labs, too. At least, that's what I've kept with mine :thumb:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I've got juvenile Tramitichromis sp. Intermedius and juvenile Protomelas sp. "Spilonotus Tanzania" (Liuli) (all about 2.5") with my year old (or so) phenochilus (1m/3f) (4" male - (3.0-3.5)" females).

I have to say even as youngsters I really like the look of the Tramitichromis sp. with the phenos - the pattern/coloring of the pheno females is completely different and complements the Tram sp. (silver with spots v. darker grey with darker stripes (and hint of blue)) is a real contrast.

The Protomelas sp. "Spilonotus Tanzania" (Liuli) are kind of in between - a couple of males are coloring up - so we will see how we come along, but the initial what looks cool together if you have girls has to go with the Tram sp. Intermedius from what I have.

I can't wait to see some color from the Tramitichromis sp. - I wanted to get something with no blue.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts