Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, great eye guys! The yellows were indeed Msobos, not Salusis, I spoke with the lady at the LFS. I had it all turned around- they had Salusis but I purchased Msobos. One seems to be a male, it's peppered w/ dark spots.

Here is my (55 gal) stock list: :fish:

5 acei
4 red zebras
3 msobos
3 cory cats
3 blue flame tetras

I plan to get a couple more Msobos, they didn't have any tonight. The blue flames are going back, they are the last of my non cichlids to be traded- just haven't made it to the particular LFS yet with them. The mbunas don't bother them though. They ignore the corys, but if they start picking on them as they get older, I'll take them back. I have more rocks for caves, but tonight I did a WC before adding the rocks and filled it too full for all of the rocks. I really, really, really hope this mix works, I loooove the colors. I don't plan on selling any fry, if anyone has babies, I'll just let them spit in the tank and they will probably get eaten. I also am going to get smaller pea gravel to add a layer on my larger gravel to give them something to dig and move around. I also want to get a black background for them.

Sorry for the poor video quality, I'm terrible at this! And the tank's not murky, my walls are a light sage green!

·
Registered
105 Posts
hi jenTN,

i think your going to have a hard time keeping that gravel clean it's rather large and you'll get a build up of waste filter through it and build up, sending your nitrates high.
cichlids are messy fish.

have you considered sand ?

regards chromedome :thumb:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I don't think those plants will last long..but you never know. Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am considering switching to sand or smaller gravel later on! My python gets an amazing amount of debris out whn I vacuum the gravel- plus I have the 3 cory cats to help me out! I know the plants won't last, I had them when I had non-cichlids in there. Right now they're leaving them alone, but I suspect that won't be the case for long!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.