Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I'm pondering about my new tank at 2:20 am I really hope that I just came up with a solution to my problem. I'll be honest, this is not a cichlid tank. It is my first saltwater tank lol. A 20 long that I recently converted from fresh to salt. It is still being cycled. I have 10.4 lbs of live rock and 4 lbs of dry rock in the display. So far I have no filtration besides the LR but I am going to transfer my Eheim Ecco pro 2236 canister from one of my other tanks that is already well filtered to this. In addition to this I have an extra 10 gallon tank that I want to convert to a sump for this tank. It would be very nice to have considering I will probably add corals in the future once I save up some extra cash for good lighting. Anyway... The tank is NOT drilled. I am wondering if I can just put the return pump from my canister into my DIY sump and then just have the additional return pump in the sump that will put the water back in my tank? Would I have to get a return pump with the same flow rate as my canister? If so I will probably ditch the idea but if not I will be one happy lad. I always appreciate your guy's replies and I'm sure some of you have salt water systems- the reason for my post here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.