Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys still browsing Craigslist for good deals. Been browsing for a bowfront os 46 or 72gal and think I found a possible tank. Tell me what you guys think about the setup and the price :)

The tank is 6 years old and was originally used for saltwater, is not predrilled for sump though. They converted it freshwater a year ago and resealed the entire tank before doing so. It has been setup since September 2010 with breeding groups of mollies and swords. It comes with the 72gal tank, pine stand, hood, 48" stock light, heater, Fluval 404 filter that was purchased two years ago and used briefly for saltwater before they tore it down and then since they set the freshwater tank up this past september, driftwood, fake plants, and the fish. Asking price is $200.

Would you take it or try to talk em down on price? Not sure what Id do with the fish since itd be a cichlid setup but Im sure I could turn em into a few bucks at a lfs.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I find locally that if it is in fact a bargain , there is no time to wait to decide. I have a friend who complains that he can never buy anything off Craigslist but he also makes really cheap offers and waits for them to call him back. When I sell something, it is the guy that gets there with the money who buys it.

G

·
thats a sweet deal.. the fluval is worth that... jump on that.. i woudlnt even try to low ball them...eh i guess you could but if someone else has 200 you are gonna be beat... sweet deal... i actually usually get my tanks on craigslist but i found a brand new tank for almost the same price i had no luck finding cheap local tanks that i would want and i didnt want to wait... what happens is you find someone that listed their add no1 bought it and they relisted it a few weeks later for cheaper.. apparently alot of people cant give their tanks away so you can def get some sweet deals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.