Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I currently have a 125g 6' tank that I'd like to try some central american cichlids in. I've had africans for 15+ yrs. Time for something new. So I'd like your guys advice on what I can have in the tank. I really would like to have a few Green terrors, Electric blue JD, Convicts, Red terrors if possible, and maybe an Oscar. The one fish that I must have is the GT, so what else on the list can I have? thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
GTs are not Central American. anyway if it were my tank I would forget about the EBJD and Red Terrors. too finnicky and easily killed when a juvenile & red Terrors can be quite aggressive at adult size.

I would go a couple GTs and some cons. maybe an oscar (oscars generally aren't as aggressive but do grow a lot faster than most and have big mouths if you get what i mean).

down the track if you are lucky to get some pairs then they might need to be split otherwise you would need 2 distinct territories one at each end of the tank with a sight breaker in the middle (large rock or similar).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts