Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50 gallon with a black convict, fire mouth, and sailfin pleco (all still young), but I'd like to add a small school of something. I was thinking tiger barbs, rosy barbs or danios. Glo fish would be cool, but I'm fairly sure giant danios are the only safe danios here. Any more interesting suggestions? Something colorful that doesn't get huge...

I've also considered another small cichlid or two (I have a person who can order me just about anything, which seems like a waste not to use), but my tank is so peacefull right now...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi alilfishy,

I think you could try most tetras growing larger than 2 inches with deep bodied tetras being the best. I have had fairly good success with skirt tetras. Tiger barbs have also worked pretty well for me. Try to get them on sale as you may have some loses.

If you are looking for color, rose line sharks (Puntius Denisonii) are great. They get a little bit larger reaching 4"-6". The concern with rose line sharks are their price, they are quite expensive.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.