Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have some jd's, golden severm, an a red devil was wanting to know could i add some filler fish that won't get eatin like, some tetra's or other small fish.

i have some shadowfin tetra's an i love them when its like 6 or more was wanting to add a few more of them for filler fish to make my tank look more active i guess.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Wgat size tank? With jds and rds pretty much anything they can fit in their mouths is gonna get eaten sooner or later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
syndontis catfish is a good idea. i've got one with my 2 JDs. I kind of want them to breed so I may be removing him but they get along just fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flippercon said:
Wgat size tank? With jds and rds pretty much anything they can fit in their mouths is gonna get eaten sooner or later.
i have a 75 gal, that is almost cycled, sill getting high spikeing ammonia levels but i am starting to t hink that is a filter problem now cause i took out the carbon but i keep doing 30% water changes.

but i am thinking of getting some shadowfins that are pretty good size

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I keep Columbia tetras in with two breeding pairs of jds(seperate tanks) . They seem to last longer then most. I have had the same group for about two months now. Both groups made it through two spawns each.

·
Registered
170 Posts
imo, the jd's will be filler fish for the rd.Once the rd gets to a certain size no one is really safe. Most people have them on there own because of the aggression.
The only luck I've had is with exodons and chinese algae eaters.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
That 75g tank is not big enough for all of those fish.

If you leave out the RD you will be fine. RD will not work in a smallish community tank.

Large bodied Tetras or barbs will work well.

...Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts