·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29 Gallon Tank

1 - Blood Parrot 5-6 Inches Big.
1 - Black Con Female 3 Inches
1 - Black Con Fry 1 Inch

Was thinking a Jack Dempsey? Maybe a few Barbs? Idea please?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry to say its overstocked already. T :(

he Parrot should generally be in a 55 as an adult. The convicts are fine in there, but of course if the fry grow up and breed, the breeding pair will take over the tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tannable75 said:
Sorry to say its overstocked already. T :(

he Parrot should generally be in a 55 as an adult. The convicts are fine in there, but of course if the fry grow up and breed, the breeding pair will take over the tank.
The Parrot seems to be doing fine...I've had him/her for over a year now, and have had no problems.

The Female Con I've had for awhile as well, she mated with another Con I had...and that's where the sole surviver came from. I gave the Male Con away because I didn't want anymore breeding, etc. I believe this Con fry is also a female so I have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You may be getting away with having the parrot in a small tank, but that doesn't mean it isn't too small. If it works for you, great. Some folks will go on about optimal conditions and stress, etc but if it works it works. However, I think adding anything else in the mix won't work, especially an aggressive largish cichlid like a JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts