Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend is getting rid of her tank and she has a 4" bn pleco that I'd like to take off her hands but I don't know if I can add it to my tank. I currently have a 2" common pleco and a 5" striped raphael catfish(that I got from her also) as my bottom fish. Will the bn work with these other two?

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Moved here since it's a catfish question - not cichlid related.

I find BN Plecos a nice addition to most any tank. They stay comparatively small, do a good job at cleaning algae and getting rid of leftover food, and get along well with most fish. They are also easy to breed. If you buy 6 juveniles you are almost sure to end up with a pair, and the way the males looks after the eggs is interesting to watch.

On the other hand, Common Plecos are tank busters. Unless you can provide a 6' tank as a bare minimum, you will eventually have to find a new home for that fish.

Striped Raphael catfish are peaceful community fish that stay comparatively small as far as catfish go. Their main drawback is that they are nocturnal and rarely seen in a tank. For more details see Planetcatfish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.