Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
About a week ago my 120g tank srung a leak caused by moving the DIY backdrop. So I'm pulling everything out and starting from scratch. I decided to put in an under gravet jet system and use two aqua clear 802's to push the water thru. Below are some pics:

This is my set-up before the jets are added.
Below are picture of my set-up after jets are installed

left side

right side.
Please let me know what you think.
I'm also torn between reusing my DIY backdrop or making a new light weight concrete one. Below are the pics:

right side

left side.
I am considering hot glueing rock to the bottom portion of the egg crate then filling in the gaps with great stuff foam covered with shell sand while still stick. Or should I pitch it all and start over with light weight concrete over egg crate?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, I'm sorry about the leak.
I guess the jets look good.
But as to the background, I don't know what rocks you would be using?
The one you have looks ok, but you're background needs to 'flow with the rocks you gonna be using, so you could do either...Maybe a new one, to try out some ideas?....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As far as the jets are concerned, if you remove the cap at the end of the run and put in a 90 elbow then run it along the back of your tank and "T" into the supply / feed connection it will be a "Closed Loop" and get you even flow from each nozzel. The way you have it now, the first nozzel will be the strongest then the second will be less flow all the way down the line to the last nozzel which will be the weakest. I'm not saying connect the two units but do that to both individual sides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts