Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, this tank has cycled using the fishless cycle method. It took 4 weeks. I have a 75 gallon tank and my current parameters at 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 10-20ppm Nitrates, PH 8.0 and temp 79 degrees. I will starting this tank with 15 juvenile yellow tail acei.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
The average is 6-8. Some take less, some take more.

·
Registered
173 Posts
TeamPisces said:
Finally, this tank has cycled using the fishless cycle method. It took 4 weeks. I have a 75 gallon tank and my current parameters at 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 10-20ppm Nitrates, PH 8.0 and temp 79 degrees. I will starting this tank with 15 juvenile yellow tail acei.
You can't go wrong with yellow tail acei. My dominant male acei might be the most beautiful freshwater fish I've ever seen.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Smeagol said:
...You can't go wrong with yellow tail acei. My dominant male acei might be the most beautiful freshwater fish I've ever seen...
Post some pics; I'd like to see this fish! :thumb:

·
Registered
173 Posts
sir_keith said:
Smeagol said:
...You can't go wrong with yellow tail acei. My dominant male acei might be the most beautiful freshwater fish I've ever seen...
Post some pics; I'd like to see this fish! :thumb:
It's nearly impossible to get him to pose for a pic. The pictures I've taken so far don't do him justice. They don't capture his subtle color variations. I'll keep trying....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts