Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I did a well yes hodgepodge of a comunity tank and am thinking of changing it up and wanted to ask for a few opinions.
I have 5 rainbows, 2 yellow comps, 3 julie kipili, 1 bichardi princess, 1 kribensis, 4 brevis, 1 sun cat, 1 large royal pleco, 1 albino bristle. In a 75 gal

What I was thinking is getting rid of the large royal pleco do to his waste (very cool fish though had for nearly 6 yrs) posibly the rainbows and adding more tangs.

My questions are this what would you take away and add?
I am really thinking about one of two things
add more calvus as my local store has black, gold, sunset right now
or
take out the kribensi and bicardi as well as the above named and add a dosen cherry spot tropheus.
And I know you are all going to say don't mix tropehus, so elaborate more than omg don't mix... cause you can a little

·
Registered
929 Posts
Having more than one male Altolamp in the tank doesn’t work well for most people. If it were my tank, I’d keep the Comps, the Julies, and the Breivs - get rid of everything else - and then add in a group of Cyps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input......
I got ride of the Royal and all the rainbows a few days ago. Now I am settling in on the idea of about 12 to 18 either Blue Rainbow or Golden Trophes. I will eventually switch out the albino and suncat for some synodontis as well.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I don't think anybody cares if you mix in tropheus, but it usually does not work out. Thats one of those try at your own risk type things. lol a lot of people have trouble keeping tropheus in species tanks, why add more complications?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts