Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of putting a nice 125-135 tank in my front room, my question is i have a pretty good surround sound system, how much affect would this have on my tank if any, when i have it up loud watching a movie or tv? would it bother the tank or the fish? this room is on a cement slab.

·
Registered
705 Posts
probably would. i know for instance discus can be sensitive to excess amounts of sound. or at least thats what *** noticed. i imagine long term with a lot of use it probably isnt the best idea. could always just turn down that subwoofer i doubt trebble gonna hurt em too much but that bass definitly would get irritating to them :) GL in your decision

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would think it would be fine. Especially being on a concrete slab. Without ears all fish can pick up on is the vibration which would come in from the floor so I doubt anything will bother your fish.

FWIW one of my tanks is in my computer/music room and gets a fair amount of jammin' loud music (including sub-woofer) and electric bass practice. The fish don't seem to care at all, they huddle around the top if I stand in front of the tank to practice thinking it's feeding time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Put a glass of water on a table near the fish tank and watch the surface of the water.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It will be fine, I have a very loud and expensive sound system as well in my front room with dual velodyne 15"s that vibrate walls :lol: and my 90 gallon sits right there... The fish don't notice it either way...

I am also on a concrete slab :thumb:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
At worst they think it's a T-Rex coming. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.