Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, tank is 48" long , 15" deep and 18" high, the "roof" or "lid" area at the top of the tank is 48x12 , tank has a sloped glass front...
I have 2M/1F Altolamprologus Compressiceps "Sumbu Shell" and due to add another female in the very near future :p
I am going to add Xeno Bathyphilus and Cps Leptosoma...

The theoretical stocling question is
A- What would you folks put in if the tank was yours ?
B- As my own tank only has the Sumbus in at the moment, would you advise of an alternative stocking list or can you think of any Tangs there that might make an interesting addition ?
:fish:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Furcifer158 said:
I would leave it at that. You will have already a very interesting tank to watch
I like the set up with cyps and xenos with the sumbu :thumb: only have the sumbu in the tank at the moment :fish:
I am going to add xeno bathyphilus , have seen Xenotilapia nigrolabiata Chituta Bay 'Red Princess' and Xenotilapia flavipinnis Cape Nangu Orange Top but not been able to find out much about them :roll: Also sourced Cyprichromis microlepidotus Kassai and Cyprichromis pavo Moliro ... again not much info, just wondered if any of these would make an interesting community in a 4' tank :-?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Stay away from Xenotilapia nigrolabiata Chituta Bay 'Red Princess'. Hard fish to keep with anything but its own species. The flavipinnis would be a better choice if you must add two species of xeno.

As far as the cyp's I have not kept the pavo only a few species of micros. They would be ok but do get bigger than you would think :thumb:

Here's a video of my old princess. It took me almost a year to get them use to the high light. For the first year the had only blue atinic.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look lovely mate :popcorn:
Funny seeing the blue actinic, my tank is 48" long and has a 24" 20W aqua-glo, it's very old but I like the cold lighht it gives and with being shorter it keeps the edges of the tank shady. I was advised by another forum member about blue actinic so added a 24" 18W alongside the aqua-glo, tank looks very blue, picked up a reflector for the aqua-glo and the tank has a nice cool effedct now with the blue being not so obvious now :fish: I had got the blue as had ordered up some paracyprichromis nigripinnis from LFS, only 2 arrived alive so didn't buy them.
Cheers for the feedback, I had a set stock plan but then the guy got absolutely tons of new Tangs in and I just thought ,,, WOW, you know what it's like , to many to choose from and not enough tanks :thumb: :lol:

·
Registered
790 Posts
well good luck with your future fish.

I don't have that problem of not enough tanks though.
16 and counting :lol:

I see a fish I want a get a new tank. My fish room is getting pretty full :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts