Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you guys think of this for an assorted tang tank.

I've traded the air pump for a small powerhead, and tucked the heater horizontally behind the rock pile so it's hidden.

Contemplating ditching the clay pots and dividing the rocks to each corner. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I'd lose the pots and plants, but I like the rocks as they are.

I think I'd lose the shells as well, but I can't see them too well. They don't look like ideal "shellie-shells".

What are the dimensions of the tank and which Tang are you thinking of keeping? A rock-dweller I hope. :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
36 by 12 by 18 I think.

Shells are more for decoration then living quarters, if I get shellies I'll be searching out some proper ones.

If I replace the pots with "shelly approved" shells, would they stay away from the rock work?

Gonna look for some Ornatus and calvus plus some larger shellies if I can find the shells

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Shellies like a bed of shells and a 6" open space of sand surrounding it as a barrier.

So if you are going for shellies you might make the rocks smaller.

Brevis can do with only a couple shells, so in a 36" tank they might be a good choice.

I'd only do one rock dweller in a 36" tank...calvus would be great.

I like 2 species in a 36" tank...I had calvus and caudopunctatus...it was a great tank. Some people like a small group of paracyps as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts