Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my bembas has been holiding for a really long time, 6 weeks at least. What are the chances of the fry growing too big for her to be able to spit them or it out?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response. I'm really trying to avoid stripping her, I will have to tear the tank apart to catch her (not to mention I've never stripped a fish before)... I'll give it a couple more days, if I really need to I'll go in after her.

The reason I ask is because when I feed the tank I see her eat, and the fry have lost their yolk sac by now which makes me think they are eating what she takes in and therefore growing in her mouth...

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Congrats! :dancing:

I got my Bembas from a guy who took my 40 out of a 75 gallon tank, and you couldn't even tell. Mine started breeding like that, as well. Why didn't I keep them? Give them lots of hiding places and you will be overrun before too long! In fact, you will have so many holding females, you won't be able to keep track of how long they hold, because you won't be able to tell them apart!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm already overrun with fry. My group of 1m/5f have breeding nonstop ever since I moved them to a 5' 100 gallon. One of the females spawned yesterday. There has to be at least 25-30 fry in there. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts