Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a synodontis catfish question, I know it is not a cichlid, but a lot of cichlid keepers also house these so I am hoping it is okay. Delete if not allowed. Last night I caught one of them bloated and having pop eye on both eyes in my mbuna tank. All other fish are healthy. Getting a water test kit after work today to make sure parameters are okay. I will update with those results. The tank has been established for 2 years now, and maintenance is done regularly. Haven't tested my water since it was first set up going through cycle. I don't think it's water quality issues because he is the only fish effected. Beyond the cause, as I know that can't be determined until the water is tested...Is there any hope for him? I have him removed to a 10 gallon quarantine with melafix. He was swimming perfectly last night just looked beat up, this morning he was where he is now. Still alive, but barely hanging on. He is about 6 years old, had him for a while so I would like to do what I can to save him, or do what is best for his comfort. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I would try planetcatfish.com while you are waiting to see if Cichlid-forum Members can help. I have 15 Synodontis and have had them for 15 years and have never seen anything like your pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts