Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished "the bloat cure". I had a Chailosi that had a swollen belly, so as a precaution I treated it for bloat(clout) in a hospital tank & on the 6th day I "tested" the fish to see if it would eat - it spat out NLS Cichlid & Nutri-fin Max spirulina flakes & would only eat Omega One Veggie flakes. I repeated this again the next day to be sure & results were the same. It's a good flake, so I went & got more, but unfortunately the Chailosi's belly is swollen again after 36 hours being back in the main tank. It did the same thing when I returned it to the main tank, ate the Omega One & spit the other 2 foods - so maybe it's not bloat ? I know how bloat can run thru a tank over time, but IDK :-?
BTW, I treated the main tank with Metro(& still treating) while the 1 Chailosi was in the hospital tank. The main tank's parameters are: ph 7.8 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5-10. This Chailosi is still the only one with a swollen belly. I used epsom salt in the hospital tank & during the 5-6 days without food it's belly wasn't swelled, but I did forget to use epsom salt in the main tank - maybe constipation, a blockage or egg binding?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Is it possible that he is picking thru the substrate constantly and is keeping a full belly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts