Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I need a 2nd opinion on my dominant male apisto double red.... About a day and a half ago i was doing a water change and noticed he had white clear poop that was alil stringy also of late he hasnt been as active as usual and he hides when i go close to look at him now normally he wouldnt do that cause all my apistos are pretty friendly to the point of hand feeding also hes not flaring at the females and other males like he normally does when another males flares at the females... I use cichlid staple and omega one super color I know the cicglid staple pellet is whitish in color so im not sure if im just overly worried or is its something i need to treat ......i did feed them peas like week but that was before the white clear poop... My temp is at about 26 and a half they get fed once a day and theres been no new additions (fish plants snails shrimp) in the last 7 months the tank has been established for about 1 and a half now only and only stocked with apistogramma aggasizzi double red and some shrimp.....im posting here now because *** tried 2 other sites and I'm not getting anything from them and i dont want to leave it till it's too late incase its something

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,853 Posts
Welcome to C-F!!

Are the feces thin and thready or thicker more like 'normal' poop? In the pic it appears thicker to me. Is his feces much different looking than his other tank mates, either in coloration or thickness?

Is he still eating normally?

Any chance he is being harassed by other fish?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts