Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a ngara flametale male 4.5 in that i ve had 8months or so. He was in my 90 wih 14 2in peackocks and 1 5. In lemon jake. He may have ne er been right as he was always a little more withdrawn and twitching on occasion. After se eral months he de eloped a slime disorder i greated in isolation with melafix. Seemed ok but last month or so belly has sunken and seems to have lst weight almost as if head is slighty larger in proportion to body. Fish east pretty well. Also important he looks like he de eloped pop eye. My jake during this started spitting food and belie e I caught him with early bloat. He stopped eating bot feclusuve and white poop. Isolated him and with great success gfeated with clout. I then took the. ngara and grated with melafix for pop eye thinking bacteria andnoweyes seem ok. Continues eating quite well and pretty alert although color is pretty dull. I noticed the sunken belly got pronounced and treated with clout for 3 days. Right now he eats well and acts pretty normal but the belly is the issue. From reading old posts i am guessing he may have some internal parisites he is fighting or a bloat infection that was stopped left some interal damage. I was thinking of trying another parisite treatmenretty and or feeding medication soaked food. Sorry so long of a story but wanted to show whats beed done so far. Last common connection is that no other fish had any other issues and both these 2 wew purchased as adults from same place.any suggestions and am I on the fight track?

·
Registered
796 Posts
If its still eating get a bottle of Jungle labs medicated fish food. Its a small pelleted food. Get the anti-parasite version (it contains METRONIDAZOLE, PRAZIQUANTEL & LEVAMISOL), they also have an antibacterial version. It fixed my tanks, sunken bellies after a wildcaught Lethrinops decided to pass on a bug to my fish after looking fine in quarantine for 2 weeks. If your local LFS doesnt stock it, they can order it for you or you can order it online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts