Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big Do Sumbu New Shell Comps have to be to start breeding? getting about eight in at about an inch and hoping to breed them in about a year.

Ramon

·
Registered
173 Posts
My male was approximately 2 1/2" and the female was approximately 1" - 1 1/4". I believe the male could have spawned earlier, but needed the female to grow up a little further.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just saw a baby sumbu in my tank again this weekend after not SEEING any for quite awhile. I have a feeling that I wasn't paying close enough attention and the babies got eaten before I saw them. I may start watching a little more carefully to see if I can find and protect a little earlier in their life or teir lives may only be a day or two or three. Just because I didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there when I wasn't looking. :oops:

Mine are a few inches now, it'stough to say exactly since they stay in their shells for the most part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.