Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 8 1/2 years, my Oscar passed on to that great aquarium in the sky over the weekend :( Now my 3" male Con is all by himself in a 90gal.

Since I've had the O so long I've never really considered putting much else in the tank. I did have 2 Blue Acara in there for a while and they seemed to be fine. From what I've read a group (5 or 6) Giant Danios could work or possibly some Tetras?, but that's about all I have in mind right now. I don't want to pair him up w/ a female.

He doesn't seem to be overly aggressive, but then again he was living with a 12" Oscar, lol... I don't want to start WW3 in the tank just make the best use out of the 90gal. I plan on adding some additional decor and hiding areas now that the O isn't there to destroy it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You could do a salvini (female, plus females are more colorful), maybe a GT or a JD, just make sure the fish you add is a little bigger (maybe an inch) than the convict so that he doesn't immediately bully them into submission

·
Registered
116 Posts
Danios would probably be fine, I have kept zebra danios with convicts and they don't seem to pay much attention to them, tetras on the other hand would be a bad idea, I had a con less than 2" thrash a group of tetras really bad. Anything faster than the con or anything as big that can defend itself should be fine especially in a 90.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts