Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 36 g corner bowfront which is at the moment housing 2 EBJD, 2 Blue Gouramis, and 1 pleco. I am planning to purchase a 110 - 125(maybe wide) tank. I love the Jacks and hope to get a couple more females. Could I have another male? Are there any suggestions on other types of cichlids to keep with them.

My tank prior to this one was 55 g, but that was over 25 years ago. Back then we didn't do weekly water changes etc, so I guess you could say that when I bought the 36 g I became a newby all over again.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If you go for a 6' footprint you should be able to pull it off with sight breaks. It also depends on the sex of the EBJd. If they are all male I would say it will work. If you have a female in the bunch you might stir the pot up a bit. Sight breaks is a must to keep down the aggression. I have two big males and on female in a 55 and they get along for now but the female has paired up so things are changing. Good luck and I would always go for the bigger footprint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I know I have a male and female - both EBJD. I just love these guys - they're such brutish slobs. I'm interested in getting golds and normals (female only on the norms). What other cichlids would be good in this size tank, and more importantly, how many fish total.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a 125 growout with a bunch of juvies. I am trying to figure that out myself. I did have a Texas cichlid in with my 6" Ebjd . They were best buds. Then I removed the Texas to another tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts