Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I'm new to Cichlids, but not entirely new to aquariums. I have a community tank and recently found a good deal on a 55 gallon. I plan on setting up a Cichlid tank. Anyway, just had a quick question.

What do you think would look better, white or black substrate with texas holey rock? I have a black background and two 50/50 bulbs. I plan to go with blue and yellow cichlids (most likely).

·
Registered
464 Posts
Black Moon sand :thumb: I just switched to it from white one main reason was, the white sand is a PITA to keep clean and shows every little mark of debris. White looks nice, but if you want something easier to care for, then go with black.

·
Registered
173 Posts
black sand should darken the colors of the fish. white sand you can see the debris but at least you know were its at. depends on user. I use pool filter sand and the last 2 bags seem to be a little darker in shade. not black but not bleach white.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found that the Tahitian Moon sand scratched the glass in a tank I used it in, that said I haven't used any other sand before or since so not sure on things like play sand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts