Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i have a Demasoni and a Yellow Lab that are occasionally hiding do you think they are sub dom males and should be removed?

The Dem sits in the back right corner along the tank back behind powerhead but for only about an hour or two a day.

The lab sits behind intake tube along back of tank and like the dem not all the time.

Will a sub dom male be "hiding" for most of the day or think this is just where they feel comfortable and like hanging out there?

I do have a decent amount of rocks and some driftwood and fake plants on the otherside for cover.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shellies215 said:
If they are eating, and don't look like they're getting beat on too much, I would wait and see.
Yeah they are out and eating fine and no damage to their fins or anything that I can see. The dem does lose his color once in awhile but nothing too serious. He is only about 1.5 inches, and the lab is close to 2 inches. I hope they come around as I want to keep up the numbers in my tank and not have to buy more since they are being rejected to replace ones I already bought.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Usually hiding at the bottom is OK but hiding just under the surface or vertical behind or along a heater or intake is something to watch.

Not remove...just watch. As mentioned, watch for injuries and be sure the fish is eating well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts