Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My Yellow Labs have started acting strange. Over the last week or so they have started hanging out in a small group above the rock pile in my tank.

Just woundering if the Haras may be driving them out of the rocks and if maybe I should add more rocks or what.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
They are staying out of the way of the dominant Hara. They have determined that where they are is the spot where he doesn't freak out...

Are there any female Hara's in their with him? He is definitely in the "take area and don't give an inch" mode. Mine do the same thing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I have 2 male Hara and it appears like 8 or so females.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
How big are they? Mine started going nuts like this at around 2 - 2.5 in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are pretty much at 3.5 inches or so. Taking a closer look, I got 4 of them coloring up like males and the other 9 are staying dark.

·
Registered
106 Posts
looks and sounds like the labs are in the middle of a breeding frenzy and they know whats about to come. (fear for there lifes)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill definately keep my eyes open, I got 2 10 gallon time out tanks if they are needed :)

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Taking a closer look, I got 4 of them coloring up like males and the other 9 are staying dark.
What is crazy is seeing them do that when they are barely over an inch long.

It is a 6' tank so there should be plenty of room for the Labs to stay out of the fray. If there are 4 Hara males in close pecking order to one another, it could get dicey. They brawl settling that out & will take out anything that gets in the way...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the 4 have the tank divided on the floor left front/ right front/ left back/ and right back. They are all pretty much seperated from each others line of sight for the most part with the rocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.