1 green terror
1 venustus
1 maingano
3 strawberry peacocks
2 red peacocks
2 electric yellows
1 black shark
4 rainbow fish

I haven't add fish for about 3 months. I have a 100gallon tank...give me some recommendations peopl3!!! Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm no expert (but I'm sure one will address this shortly), but, I see some problems. The Venustus can get up to 12 inches in length and is a predator; it will terrorize the tank eventually. If your Jewels and Convicts are male and female they will stake out territory and at least attempt to bred and beat up anything that gets near their area. Green Terrors are called Green Terrors for a reason, but the Mbuna will pick on it. The Peacocks will probably get picked on by everything but the Rainbows, but the rainbows probably won't last long once the others begin to reach maturity and get aggressive. Truthfully, I would slap who ever sold you that combination of fish.

·
Super Moderator
40,712 Posts
What are the dimensions of your tank?

Old Newbie's points are good. Couple of extra thoughts. I would remove the maingano since you have haps and peacocks.

Malawi do not pair, are any of the fish female? Since you have a large variety of species I would remove females and duplicates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Newbie said:
I'm no expert (but I'm sure one will address this shortly), but, I see some problems. The Venustus can get up to 12 inches in length and is a predator; it will terrorize the tank eventually. If your Jewels and Convicts are male and female they will stake out territory and at least attempt to bred and beat up anything that gets near their area. Green Terrors are called Green Terrors for a reason, but the Mbuna will pick on it. The Peacocks will probably get picked on by everything but the Rainbows, but the rainbows probably won't last long once the others begin to reach maturity and get aggressive. Truthfully, I would slap who ever sold you that combination of fish.
3months and so far so good...there isnt a be all or end all formula when it comes to cichlids. But thank you for your reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts