Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
41,837 Posts
Certain Victorians can be mixed with certain Malawi if the tank is large enough. Mixing is not as successful adding other lakes to Tanganyikans.

·
Registered
623 Posts
In reality you can successfully mix south american and africans safely. So in theory you can mix different africans as well. Just be cautious in the species you mix, be wary of the size they grow to, the space they need, water conditions, as well as their temperament. I had a texan and fire mouth in my african tank for a couple months, as i was fish-sitting. They all got along fine and no casualties or bullying. The texan was the biggest one, and probably the most calm, and by having that type of dominant fish, all the others got along. Now my brother has them in an african-south american mix tank. Two huge oscars, jacks, texas, with a large mix of mbunas. All get along perfect. Mind you thats in a 120 g.

·
Registered
63 Posts
well i have a question on stocking, got a new 75 gallon an was wondering could i mix some of those south american an african in with some tin foil barbs, an some rainbow fish.
[mind you i am kinda new to this so some big names will confuse me so please be patient] thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.