Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading many posts and much research I am finally stocking my tank, water levels look good and I think I am ready to go. The only fish I currently have are 3 large danios, I have a normal rectangualar 75 gallon with a Penguin 350, Rena XP2 with 200Watt heater, Pool filter sand, and Granite Boulders.

I am looking at adding all male Peacocks and Haps and have chose the following: 1 Synodontis Multipuntatus, 2 Aulonocara Stuartganti Ngara, 2 German Red's, 3 Aulonocara Baenschi, 2 Cytocara moorii, and 2 Taiwan Reef's. All will be added at once, does anyone see any compatability issues or overstocking problems? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Why are you stocking multiples of species? Trying to pick the nicest of each? Typically, people will get one of each species, if they are going all male. The Subdominants will not have that much colour, so having one of each type, and many types will give you more different colours/shapes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fogelhund said:
Why are you stocking multiples of species? Trying to pick the nicest of each? Typically, people will get one of each species, if they are going all male. The Subdominants will not have that much colour, so having one of each type, and many types will give you more different colours/shapes.
I figured, I would have fewer problems with adding all at once but one of each would give me more variety and more to choose from. I am going to stay all male though, I have no intention of breeding. Any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
40,482 Posts
I think you want 10-12 fish but no doubles. And the Synodontis multipunctatus like to be in groups of 5-6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts