Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have one 3" sunshine peacock and am getting ready to start first round of stocking my 75gal 48/18" tank. Going to do a all male peacock and hap setup.

Question 1. I've read that you should not have species that look similar but alot of peacocks in some way have similar colors. How specific do I have to be. Can I have any of these with my sunshine, they seem similar. Lemon Jake, sulfur head, neon undu, korneliae blue gold.

Question 2. My current sunshine in about 3" how close in size should I be when buying the rest of my fish. Would some 2" peacocks or haps be OK? I wouldn't go any smaller than 2"

Question 3. Any recommendations on where to buy my fish. I've been looking at <vendor names removed>. Has anyone order from these places? Any bad experiences? Any places you would recommend? And do you always get overnight shipping for the extra money or do u go with the normal 2-3 day shipping?

I know it's alot of questions I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks in advance for all the help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,890 Posts
Jread002 said:
Question 1. I've read that you should not have species that look similar but alot of peacocks in some way have similar colors. How specific do I have to be. Can I have any of these with my sunshine, they seem similar. Lemon Jake, sulfur head, neon undu, korneliae blue gold.
One yellow, one red, one blue...that is about it. Avoid the jakes...they are aggressive. Sulfur head is too timid for all male. I did try a neon undu with a yellow peacock and it never colored up.

Jread002 said:
Question 2. My current sunshine in about 3" how close in size should I be when buying the rest of my fish. Would some 2" peacocks or haps be OK? I wouldn't go any smaller than 2"
They are 3 inches when they can be reliably sexed so I would go with a vendor who does not try to sell younger fish as sexed.

Jread002 said:
Question 3. Any recommendations on where to buy my fish. I've been looking at <vendor names removed>. Has anyone order from these places? Any bad experiences? Any places you would recommend? And do you always get overnight shipping for the extra money or do u go with the normal 2-3 day shipping?
Check out Retailer Reviews or send a PM to someone for a recommendation outside of the forums. I always pay for overnight and pick the fish up at the airport. Still cheaper than LFS and better selection and variety.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that really limits peacocks, almost seems like it will difficult to find 10 - 12 colorful fish to stock in my 75 gal. Back to the drawing board.

·
Super Moderator
40,890 Posts
One yellow combo of peacocks that has worked for me and others: Maleri and Usisya.

And if you can get a turkis it is a very light blue...that one usually is OK with other blue peacocks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Jread002 said:
Wow, that really limits peacocks, almost seems like it will difficult to find 10 - 12 colorful fish to stock in my 75 gal. Back to the drawing board.
No it doesn't. Go on YouTube and search 75g all male peacock and you'll get some ideas.

I have an order of 14 males coming in March for my 75g male peacock / hap tank.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts