Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently set up an all male peacock and hap tank. So far I have 9 fish all right at 3". I'm wanting to add 2 more, a Venustus and an OB peacock. The ones I'm wanting to order are 3.5" and 4". Is that too big to put in a tank with all 3" fish ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im going for 35-40 peacocks in 260 litres( 65g). Fish keeping is blissed with opinions. Luckily guy who i get my fish from keeps cichlids himself and supplied the whole city at 1 point. Hes advised me to pack the tank. Zero aggressiveness and plenty colour

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I recently set up an all male peacock and hap tank. So far I have 9 fish all right at 3". I'm wanting to add 2 more, a Venustus and an OB peacock. The ones I'm wanting to order are 3.5" and 4". Is that too big to put in a tank with all 3" fish ?
You didn't mention tank size, this will be part of what determines how many fish to have. The size difference you mentioned should be fine, as long as one doesn't fit in the others mouth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have them in a 55 gallon right now. However, I have a 120 gallon in storage that I'm gonna be setting up when our house is ready to move into this summer. I figured I'd go ahead and get some of the fish now and that way they should be around 5 or 6 inches each when they go in the 120. I can't afford to by all my fish already big and I can't imagine that tank would look right with a bunch of 2" fish in it.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I'd wait to add anything until you set up the 120G. It's hard to get verified males at 2" and once they are 3" you want them in the bigger tank.

How long will the 120G be? You want 72" for venustus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts