Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to put my 14 cyp. lep. kitumba (hopefully 10 more on the way) in with my 10 Ophthalmotilapia ventralis (Chituta). i was wondering if i could get away with puting in my pair of n. brichardi daffodil along with a pair of â€Â

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I wouldn't put in either of those fish in with the featherfins in particular. The Cyps could be fine with both the pulcher or the temporalis shell.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fogelhund said:
I wouldn't put in either of those fish in with the featherfins in particular. The Cyps could be fine with both the pulcher or the temporalis shell.
do you think it would work in a 4 foot 110 gallon with the cyp, the brichardi and temperalis?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really the breeder i got mine from had his adults in a 36" tank. what about the temporalis and brichardi in a 75 together and the kitumba and ventralis in a 180

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
That probably will work... some people have had the kitumba pick on ventralis, but I've seen it work a bunch of times.

With the pulcher and temporalis... you want the temporalis paired up first. Shells and rubble for them at one end of the tank.. once they've paired up, larger caves etc. and the opposite end.

·
Registered
152 Posts
With any stock selection there will be an element of risk, but if you don't try it you never know! As long as you have a contingency then go for it. What I would ask is that you update the thread with your experiences so we can all benefit. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts