Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Stocking question

644 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DJRansome 
#1 ·
I'm setting up a 60 gallon cube aquarium that I want to stock with Tanganyikan cichlids. The dimensions of the aquarium are 24" x 24" x 24". I will be using a wet dry filter to take care of water quality. This is a list of fish I have come across that I have an interest in:

-Syndontis lucipinnis
-Tropheus duboisi
-Lamprologous multifasciatus
-Eretmodus cyanostictus
-Neolamprologous leleupi
-Neolamprologous pulcher
-Neolamprologous brichardi
-Ophthalmotilapia ventralis Chituta

Any suggestions as to which of these can go together and the aquascaping they need will be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
The Tropheus and Ventralis are out of the question, and the catfish are probably not good either. The rest of your choices are possilble, but not really good together. your very limited to how many "zones" or territories you can create in that footprint, so it will make having multiple species difficult.

#4 ·
The gallons are not bad but Africans want to claim and defend a territory that can be as large as several square feet. You would be able to fit more in a tank that was half as wide and twice as long.

Shellies, yes. Not sure if some of the others might be options instead of the shellies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.